Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Alphabet Activity: Egg Hunt Letter Sounds

We're working on the letter "E" this week, and Lucy adores all kinds of scavenger hunts, so an egg hunt only seemed appropriate! I decided to take the opportunity to reinforce some letter sounds that Lucy struggles with - as well as review the letters we've learned so far this year.

I could only find 12 eggs from last Easter, so I wrote 12 lowercase letters on slips of paper and put them each in an egg, along with 2 M&M's (one for Lucy, one for Lena). I hid the eggs throughout the house, then let the girls loose to find them with instructions for Lucy not to eat the candy until she could identify the letter and tell me what sound it makes.

Lena was actually very good at finding eggs. Candy is an incredible motivator for that girl. Haha. And Lucy did great with identifying, pronouncing the letters, and sharing with Lena. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment