Friday, September 12, 2014

Sight Word Activities

This week's sight words were up, is, and said. We talked about them every day during circle time, did worksheets, made our word-a-pillar (that I forgot about last week), and did sight word "hopscotch."

I actually spent $9 on a download from teacherspayteachers.com for some new sight word worksheets. Lucy likes these ones better than the free ones we had been using.

Word-a-pillar:
Isn't he cute? We review the words on him often, and will add to him all year!
"Hopscotch" - I use that word only because I don't know what else to call this game. When Lucy was little, I used to draw shapes on the driveway and have her "hop to the square," or "march to the circle," etc. She loves this game, so I decided to add the sight words to it. Of course, it's freezing cold today so we improvised and made shapes out of tape to do this activity inside. I haven't figured out how to make a circle out of tape yet, and my star is pretty funny looking, but Lucy doesn't care. :-)
Lena liked helping. :-)
I stuck with the same kind of directions, just subbing in the sight words. "Skip to said." "Twirl to the." We combined all of our sight words from the last two weeks for more variety and review.

Lucy played with the sight words willingly once, and begrudgingly a second time. Haha. Then we played with just the shapes for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment