Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bible Lesson: The Wise Men Visit Jesus

This week, in our journey through The Jesus Storybook Bible, we read the story of the wise men searching for Jesus. Our first activity was making a star. I found a tutorial on Pinterest for making glue stars. Like I've mentioned before, Lucy loves squeeze glue, so I knew this would be a hit. She's also a big fan of glitter. I am not, but I make exceptions every once in a while. Haha. My trick for maintaining the glitter was to put a sheet of wax paper on the bottom of a rimmed cookie sheet. That way the glitter is somewhat contained in the cookie sheet, and the wax paper prevents glitter from sticking to the sheet itself. Our glue star took 2 full days to dry, but has been sticking nicely to the window ever since:


While we had the glitter out, we made crowns for the wise men.

We also did a couple different egg hunts this week (for sight words and letter sounds) and a shape search, so I reiterated how the wise men searched for Jesus. :-)

Our verse for the week is "God loved us and sent his son." (Parts of 1 John 4:10) This is Lucy's Cubbies verse for the week. I decided I wasn't going to push her to learn two separate verses each week, so we might just stick with the Cubbies verses for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment